Are you ready to take a stand for Christ??? The Holy Spirit spoke to me long and often last year about the importance of this year. I didn’t know the details, other than it would be the most critical year in human history. That would be an easy claim to make about any year. For those who have been part of the Liveprayer family for any length of time these past 9+ years, you know that I am not a doom and gloomer, not one of these apocalyptic preachers who sees the end of the world in every event. However, it was clear to me that this would be a watershed year for the spiritual direction of this nation and I shared that warning with you often as the year unfolded.
So where are we as we wind down the last few weeks of 2008? We are a culture of death that is about to go to levels we have never imagined. In tomorrows Devotional, I will be dealing with the Florida teen who committed suicide live on a web cam while viewers cheered him on. The number one movie in the nation this past weekend was a movie about the dark world of vampires (death) that has been romanticized and geared to attract an audience of children and young adults to that perverted world. In less than 2 months, our new President will be sworn in and he will insure innocent babies will continue to be legally slaughtered in this nation as well as helping to fund infanticide in other countries.
We are also a culture of sexual perversion. Homosexuality is now mainstream and the new administration will work hard to insure there are special rights afforded those who choose this perverted form of sex. You will continue to see God’s plan for marriage and the family destroyed by those who want to re-define them to include those people involved in sinful sexual relationships. The worldwide proliferation of pornography continues and is going to get worse. Sex is no longer seen as the gift from God that it is for a man and a woman in the bonds of marriage, but simply a form of sport. The prevailing sexual perversion in our society is literally destroying lives and killing people and it will only get worse.
There is coming an all out assault on Christians both by the government and by the enemies of God. Look for legislation very soon that will make speaking out against the sin of homosexuality, even from the Bible, considered “hate speech” and against the law. It won’t be long until speaking out against false religions like Islam will also fall under some form of hate speech legislation. Those who try to openly share the Gospel will come under constant attack. A California student at Yuba Community College was sharing the Gospel and handing out tracts to fellow students and was told to stop or he would be arrested and possibly expelled. You can be assured that there will be persecution of Christians like you have never seen in this nation before.
So, what is our response? The shaking that God is doing through the economy is starting to have an affect. The word I want to share with you today is division. Division as in the wheat and the tares, as in the goats and the sheep. Many churches and ministries are shutting their doors for a lack of funds. Many media ministries, large and small are cutting back or simply going off the air for a lack of funds. God is beginning the separation process. The hostility in this nation towards Christians is going to get to the point very soon that there will be a big price to pay for those who go out into the marketplace and preach the uncompromised, life-changing Truth of God’s Word. Even today, there are very few willing to pay that price, and trust me, the heat will get much worse on those who do in the coming months.
The bottom line, it is time to choose. Are you going to stand and be counted for Christ or not? I decided many years ago I was going to take my stand. If there is one thing I can say, by the grace of Almighty God, I have faithfully been here now for 3,373 days sharing the Truth of God’s Word and the hope and love of Jesus Christ. I know today many are reading these words saying, “What can I do?” First, it is no accident that you are reading these words today. Second, never forget for a second no matter how difficult things may get that in the end, God wins. Third, remember that your purpose in this life is to serve and glorify the Lord. Your lasting legacy will be those things you did for Christ during this life. Last, this life is brief, very brief. Tomorrow is promised to none of us. We must take each day as the gift from God that it is and let God use our life for His glory that day.
Liveprayer has been soverignly raised up by God in these last days to lead His charge in this nation. I have no huge organization, have stayed on the outside of the politics of big time Christian ministries, and am seen by most in the world as an extreme, Bible-thumping, narrow minded radical individual. I have no other message but the Gospel and no other desires but to serve the Lord. There is not enough money in the world to deal with what I do, but I gladly do it since I see the changed lives and souls won to Christ each day. For the past 9+ years I have been content to simply be one of God’s messengers, but in these last days, at this critical moment in time, God has called me to play a larger role in helping to bring the true followers of Christ together as one to take our stand for Him. Are you ready to take your stand for Christ???
I love you and care about you so much. I am asking each person reading this today who is ready to take their stand for Christ, to look over these 6 things that you can do to help me. Everyone of course can and must pray. However, there are 6 action steps that you can choose from to help me as we take our stand for Christ. Serving the Lord is not something you do casually, it is a commitment. God gave His very best when He sent His Son, we should serve Him each day with nothing less than our very best. Pray over these 6 action steps and see what God may be calling you to do as you take your stand for Him!
1. Distribute Liveprayer Daily Devotional – I need people to take each day’s Daily Devotional and forward it to everyone that you know. This is a great way to help spread God’s Word on the Internet. Also, post it to various blogs and message boards that you frequent.
2. Liveprayer TV Program – Tell everyone you can about the TV program. The program is on “live” every Monday thru Friday from 10-11pm EST (9-10 CST, 8-9 MST, 7-8 PST), exclusively on the Liveprayer.com website in virtually HD quality. Each night I deal with the hot issues of the day and in people’s lives, and viewers can call in for prayer or to ask questions. It is a unique program like nothing else on TV.
3. Jonah Project – Tell everyone that you know to check out the Jonah Project. This is the vehicle God has given us to bring together true followers of Jesus Christ in these last days in one group that can make an incredible impact on the spiritual course of this nation and in millions of people’s lives. There is a vision video on the Jonah Project homepage that clearly lays out how God can use this group in these last days. You can access the Jonah Project website by going to Liveprayer.com and clicking on the Jonah Project link
4. Liveprayer Church – We are already getting incredible feedback from people who have been coming to the services each week at the new Liveprayer Church. This is a great resource to share with people, especially those who currently don’t have a church home or won’t go to a regular church for whatever reason. Get the word out about this new online church to everyone that you know.
5. Video Daily Devotional on Cell Phones – Next Monday is the launch of this exciting, cutting-edge use of modern technology to minister to people. As of next Monday, get everyone that you know to go to the Liveprayer.com homepage and get signed up for this incredible FREE daily ministry to people via their cell phones.
6. Fundraising – Unlike other ministries, Liveprayer has ZERO paid fundraisers or development people. Again, I just never went the route all major ministries go of having a staff of people who do nothing but contact donors and go out to raise funds. All we do each day, all that we provide is made available for FREE to take God’s Word into the marketplace and impact lives for Christ. Obviously it takes money to operate. I’ve simply shared our needs and walked by faith that God would provide each month. Raising money is a special gift. I am praying that those who have that special gift and want to serve God will help me in this area.
The fact is, there are lots of people who God has blessed and are giving to many different causes. Liveprayer is a highly visible ministry, a track record of over 9 years, and the fruit of literality millions of changed lives as a testimony that this is fertile soil for people to give into. Obama had literally thousands of regular people collecting money for his campaign. Normal people with no special skills or gifts in raising money. They simple believed in his work and got people to give towards it.
I KNOW THERE ARE PEOPLE IN THE LIVEPRAYER FAMILY WHO BELIEVE IN GOD’S WORK HERE WHO COULD SUCCESSFULLY GET PEOPLE YOU KNOW TO GIVE TO HELP US DO ALL THAT WE DO EACH DAY FOR SO MANY AROUND THE WORLD.
Are you ready to take your stand for Christ??? Liveprayer is a life-changing vehicle God has been using for nearly 10 years now to impact literally tens of millions of lives all over the world. We have tapped into the great technology of our day to reach the world and individual lives with the Truth of God’s Word and the hope and love of Jesus Christ. I can’t do this alone. Now more than ever it is critical for each person who knows the Lord to step up and allow Him to use your life. I have given you 6 action steps. You can choose one, two, or all six depending on how the Lord is leading you.
I have answered God’s call to lead His charge in these last days to bring this nation, the nation’s of the world, and lost souls to Jesus. I am challenging you today to help me reach this nation and world for Christ. I have taken my stand for Christ, are you ready to take your stand for Him???
In His love and service,
Your friend and brother in Christ,
(C)opryright 2010, Live Prayer Church, Inc. All Rights Reserved.